Local Area Network (LAN) is an indispensable attribute of modern business processes. It allows you to create a single information field, greatly simplifying the workflow of small and large businesses, and even a few remote offices of one firm, located in different parts of our planet.
LAN is created by combining multiple computers into a single communications network. Members with an opportunity:
- Leading the whole document in electronic form, which undoubtedly saves a tremendous amount of time and the various inputs.
- Continuous interaction at work on a single project between remote objects enterprise, as well as the organization of conferences.
- Access to peripheral devices from any point of the network.
- Obtaining sharing databases.
- Obtain joint Internet access.
- Grouping LAN users by department, isolated from each other.
- Just because of the local network, you may remotely access to your workplace or company server as a home at any time of day. For this purpose only, you must have Internet.
Construction of local networks includes gasket SCS (structured cabling system), the selection of active network equipment, the choice of security policies, installation of servers, installation work. To combine workstations into a single network using various communication media - copper twisted pair, fiber optic cables, wireless communication.
Currently there are many different network topologies, the choice of which is caused by the network size, the requirement for fault tolerance, price. To create a LAN requires the use of active network equipment such as switches and routers. One of the most difficult and important tasks in the construction of the network is competently made network equipment that will not only meet the current requirements of the network infrastructure, but will also provide an opportunity for further growth of the network without the substantial costs of modernization. On the other hand, the principle - "more is better", you can overpay a lot of money for those features and functions that will never be needed and will not be used.
- Kernel level - the main task assigned to that level - is routing and switching at the maximum possible speed.
- Distribution level. Usually, at this level are implemented different security policies, quality of service policies, routing between network segments.
- Access level provides a connection to the local network and end users connect various peripherals.
- Data Center - a set of high-speed switches and the connected servers.
Using Network-level model brings significant advantages:
- Cost Optimization
- Ease of understanding
Depending on the size and needs of the levels can be combined. In other words, the device can belong to several levels. Widespread practice of combining distribution and kernel levels. Each layer of the network is characterized by particular key requirements for performance, functionality and configuration of network equipment. Therefore, choosing equipment for a particular network solutions must take into account the role of this device in the network infrastructure.
If you cannot choose their own equipment, topology necessary connection technology, servers, firewalls, and other attributes of a local network, specialists Micro Tech Soft happy to help you do it. Turning to Micro Tech Soft, you always get the best solutions, not overpaying superfluous.
Installation of local area networks is one of the leading activities of Micro Tech Soft. Our experts designed and implemented projects of local networks of any complexity, both separate and integrated into the SCS.
The core layer provides reliable and high-speed switching / routing high volumes of traffic. Campus network performance depends entirely on this level as the core equipment failure will affect all devices on the network, such as users and servers will be isolated from each other and from the external network. Given these features, the design and implementation is necessary to ensure maximum reliability and redundancy of equipment at this level. At this level, it is recommended to deploy campus network equipment with support for improved routing convergence and load balancing.
The core layer is characterized by the following features:
- High-speed packet.
- High reliability.
- Minimal delays.
- Avoid the use of security policies, traffic inspection and other functions of the loading device processor.
- Using routing protocols between the core switches and distribution.
- Redundancy connections to equipment distribution level.
- Having two routes with the same metric for each subnet.